Friday, 20 June 2014
1 cup of white rice flour
2 cups of water
300g Radish/ white carrot-shredded
1 carrot shredded
1tbsp dried shrimp -minced
3 shitake mushrooms -diced
1 Chinese sausage -diced(optional)
2 tbsp minced meat
4 small red onion/shallots -minced
Some oil for frying
2tsp sea salt
1tsp chicken powder
1tsp fish sauce
1tsp light sauce
1. Mix rice flour with water. Add salt, sugar and chicken powder. Stir well. Set a side.
2. In a wok, put about 2 tablespoon of oil, fry the onion n shitake mushrooms & shrimp till fragrance or slightly brown and the shrimp is crispy. Then add sausage and minced meat. Stir. Add shredded radish n carrot n stir for a while. Add fish sauce n light sauce. Stir well.
3. Lower the fire, pour in the rice flour mixture onto the wok of carrots mixture. Continue to stir until the liquid mixture almost dry. Texture like soft dough.
4. Transfer into a round cake pan or steaming pan.
5. Boil a wok of water. When water is boiled, place the container of carrot mixture into the wok, then put on the wok cover and steam for 40-50min.
6. Garnish with some cut spring onion and serve