Friday 1 February 2019

Dried Shrimp Cookies



2Feb2019
Finally today I baked something savory which i had wanted to bake several years ago😁. It tastes very yummy yummy..成功!
As i was putting them into container, there were another 2 hands (husband and daughter's hands) taking and packing into their stomach.. Both daughter and husband said "once started can't stop..." "will finish before CNY" . It left half the quantity one hour after baking. I am delighted. Finishing fast😁. This really crunchy and taste very good. Can't stop eating...

Read a recipe "dried shrimp cookies" in dailydelicious.blog several years ago. Since then had wanted to bake this cookies as I also like savory stuffs😁

I have made some modification on the ingredients. I have replaced some plain flour with top flour just to finish the stock that I have. I have also increased the amount of flour to make it possible to roll by hands rather piping. 
Though i had reduced the sugar and replaced with icing sugar, still I find it is too sweet for my taste. Next time I will increase the salt and reduce sugar by further 10g.
The original recipe owner has caution that if the dried shrimps that you are using is very salty, then will have reduce or omit salt. For mine dried shrimps was not so salty so I need to add more salt. I have a preference of saltier taste and less sweet stuff. So, i will reduce sweetness and add more salt. 


Ingredients ( 85pcs)
75g dried shrimp
165 plain flour (I used top flour)
45 plain flour (extra flour added)
75g  sugar (I used 70g icing , will reduce to 60g)
115g unsalted butter (I used 125g)
1/2 tsp of vanilla
1 egg
A dash of salt(will increase to 1 tsp salt next time)
A dash of pepper(not in orig recipe)

Oven Temp 170°c with fan, or 180°c without fan

Method:
1.Place flour and shrimp in food processor and blend them till fine.
2.Add butter and sugar and vanilla and salt blend them well.

3.Remove into a large bowl. Add egg and combine them well.
4.Roll them into small balls and use a fork to press in it to make pattern.

5.Bake in pre heat oven with fan function 170°c for 12-15min or 180°c without fan for 12-15min



Happy Baking.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think these would be good with maybe some garlic powder instead of the sugar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried already using garlic powder instead of sugar? sounds interesting for my thesis writing

      Delete