100g Fresh Hokkaido Milk (or any fresh milk)
150g Homemade Plain Yoghurt ( or any stored bought yoghurt)
3/4 tsp Sea salt
20g Milk powder (3.5 tbsp)
150g Bread flour
150g Wholemeal Flour
5g yeast( I used 1 1/2tsp)
30g Salted Butter (or unsalted)
*Note: Let yoghurt and milk stand in room temperature for about 30mins to an hour.
Directions using Bread Maker:
1)Place fresh milk, yoghurt, sugar, salt, milk powder and bread/wholemeal flour into the tin of the bread machine (according to the sequence as stated in the instruction manual of your bread machine). Make an indentation on the flour and add in the instant yeast. Then cover the yeast with some of the flour.
2) I use "Soft Bread" mode under "Function 1" with "Light" crust, weight 750g. You may adjust according to you Bread Maker's instruction. My BM indicated it take 2hrs 55mins for soft bread to complete the whole cycle.
3) After few minutes add butter when above 1) formed into a dough.
4) So now let the Bread Maker does its job and you can relax... When the loaf is ready, there will be a continuous beep sound. Remove tin and shake out the loaf onto a rack and leave to cool. Appro. an hour. Slice it and serve.
You may like to try this too
1) yoghurt-bread-happy-loaf uses 100% bread flour
3) homemade-yoghurt. With simple steps using yoghurt make more yoghurt.
There are different types of wholemeal flour.
I used fine wholemeal flour as in above picture. Coarse wholemeal flour may result in dry crumpy texture.