Sunday 28 August 2016

French Bread






Using bread maker to bake french bread was my first time. I have taste someone who bake french bread using Philip BM. It tasted good. I got the recipe from a FB friend ( Thanks Joni). I did some modification on the ingredients 

The first attempt wasn't very successful as my instant yeast wasn't active. Resulted I have very short and cute loaf of bread.


This is the cute and short bread which the yeast was not active. Thought was a new box of yeast with expiry March 2018. However, it just not active. When I saw the dough in the tin was not rising, felt something is not working. I did a test. Pour half teaspoon of instant yeast into lukewarm water. Even after half hour, there was no bubbles found. So, I threw away all the rest balance yeast. Heartache! And bought new one from supermarket.

2nd attempt was good. Bread taste good. Even the 1st attempt though short and heavy still it taste good. I use this bread with my Homemade Otah (see recipe here) to make otah sandwich. Taste really good and delicious. 






Ingredients 
270gm  Water
1.5 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar( not in original recipe)
1.5 tablespoon olive oil
400g bread flour
50g rye flour
1.3 teaspoon instant yeast.

Note : Original recipe is 450g bread flour. No rye flour. I replaced 50g of bread flour with Rye flour. You can use all 450g bread flour. 

Method:
Directions using Bread Maker:
1)Place water, salt, sugar, oil, bread flour, and rye flour into the tin of the bread machine (according to the sequence as stated in the instruction manual of your bread machine). Make an indentation on the flour and add in the instant yeast. Then cover the yeast with some of the flour.
3) I used "French Bread" "Function 3" with "Light" crust. Choose weight 750g. My BM indicated it take 3hrs 30mins for french bread to complete the whole cycle.
4)When the loaf is ready, there will be a continuous beep sound. Remove tin and shake out the loaf onto a rack and leave to cool. Appro. an hour. Slice it and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment