2 cucumbers - cut into length size 1inch, removed seed
3-4 leaves of cabbages- cut into big bite size
1 carrots - remove skin and strip length 1 inch
2-3 tbsp roasted sesame
4 green chilli padi
3-4 garlic (whole)removed skin
3-4 small red onion ( whole) removed skin
1/2 thumb size ginger sheddred
120mil rice vinegar
2 tsp tumeric powder
4 tbsp sugar, or your desired taste
3 tsp seasalt
2 tbsp homemade belacan chilli , or 1 tbsp of chilli powder if you don't have homemade
1-2 tbsp oil
1. Wash and cut cucumber into strip and 1 inch length(remove the centre soft flesh & seed portion) and place them into a large bowl, sprinkle 2 tsp salt and mix them well. Cover. Leave them this way for about 1-2 hour to drain the water out from cucumber.
2. Wash and cut cabbages into bite size and place them into a bowl. Sprinkle 1 tsp of salt. Mix and leave in the bowl for 1-2 hours to drain out the water from cabbages.
3. Remove carrot skin and cut it into thin strip of 1 inch length. Leave them on kitchen paper towel to air dry.
3. After 2 hours, drain the water from cucumber and cabbages. Squeeze them as dry as possible. Set aside.
4. Place oil in wok and add the whole garlic and onion and ginger. Fry until fragrance. Add water, vinegar, sugar, tumeric powder, chilli paste or chilli powder and bring it to boil.
5. After mixture is boiled, add roasted sesame seed. Off fire. Pour in all cucumber, cabbages carrots and whole green chilli and mix them well. Transfer into a large bowl to leave it to cool. Once it is cooled, transfer into a glass jar with cover and store in fridge. Do not consume it immediately. Let the achar soak/season in the fridge for one day. It will taste very delicious.😊
NOTE : All measurements are based on estimation. Please adjust according to your desired taste.