Wednesday, 19 February 2014
Blueberry and Bananas Muffins
Have a few bananas over ripe and do not want them to be thrown in bin. So, decided to make this muffins with added blueberry. This is my first time making this muffin using my existing bananas muffin recipe. As the ripe bananas were very sweet and the blueberry which I used was sweet too, the muffin turned out to be very sweet for my tooth. I would prefer a less sweet muffin so would reduce the sugar level if I will to make this muffin again.
This is the recipe
100g melted butter
2 cup of self-raising flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup soft brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar (I will omit this next round)
1 cup of fresh blueberry.
3 bananas (mashed)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. In a sauce pan melt the butter over low fire. Be caution not to burn the butter. Set it a side.
2. Mixed all the dry ingredients together
3. Mixed the melted butter, lightly beated eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas together.
4. Pour the wet ingredients(3) onto the dry ingredients (2). Very quickly stir them to combine. Last add in the blueberry. Do not over stir.
5. Bake in pre-heat oven 190 deg C for 20min or when the satay stick or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven.
You may like to try these muffins recipes for more variety:
1. Double Chocolate Chips Muffins
2. Blueberry Yoghurt Muffins
3. Orange Muffins
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)