If you have no oven to bake? There is another option if you owe a bread maker. You can bake a cake with less trouble and have the cake and eat it. I have 2 over ripe bananas in my kitchen. I have all the ingredients for bananas cake. As I was roster to take care of yesterday refreshment. Why not use the bananas for cake?
This cake is very flavourful because of the coconut oil and cinnamon powder combination. My cell members like the banana cake especially my leader who kept telling others that it tastes so good. They commented it tastes good and they finished them all. Daughter also love the cake.
1/3 cup cold pressed coconut oil
1/3 cup packed soft dark brown sugar(you can add 1/2 cup if u like it very sweet)
2 big eggs(each without shell is about 62- 67g)
2 very ripe bananas (about 10-12cm length. Mashed)
1 1/2cup of top flour(if you replace plain flour. If use self raising flour, then omit baking powder)
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup of chopped walnut(optional)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cinnamon powder(optional)
1. Put coconut oil in a large bowl, add sugar and whisk until combine. In topical country coconut oil will not solidified. However, if it solidified, melt it in a sauce pan over stove on low fire.
2. Add eggs and beat until combine. Then add mashed banana and vanilla essence and mix them well. All step 1 and 2 take only few minutes.
Note: You may use a blender to do this task. But for me to cut down washing, I use a whisk and a bowl.😊
3. Sift flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder(if using plain/cake flour). Add into the mixture. Combine them with a whisk or a large spoon. Add chopped walnut and cinnamon powder and very quickly stir them to combine. Do not over stir. All these will take only few min.
4. Pour the batter into baking pan and bake in pre-heat oven 165°C for 55min or when the satay stick or toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Note: If you are using a bread maker with cake function, pour the batter into the bread maker tin and set cake function without paddle. The program cycle is 60min for my BM. There will be a continuous beeping when the program is completed. Remove tin and shake out the cake onto a wire rack to cool.
5. Remove from oven. Let the cake cool in the baking pan for 10min then transfer into a wire rack to cool. Slice and serve.
Post a Comment