Thursday 4 June 2015

Blueberry Yogurt Muffins







Made this blueberries yoghurt muffins for my church Shekinah Saturday exercise group.  I came across a recipe by Joy Of Baking. Notice the amount of sugar that she used is what I usually use which is the less sweet version. Usually I have to reduce the amount of sugar from the recipe. This round I used the same amount of sugar as her recipe. And I did some mmodification...I replaced plain flour & baking powder with self-raising flour and replaced vegetable oil with melted butter. It turned out well and nice and it is not too sweet. After trying the first batch with small quantity and it turned out well, I decided to make some for the ladies in our Shekinah exercise group. I made total 30 muffins using small cups. This round I used home made yoghurt instead of store bought yoghurt. The result was good and everyone who tasted gave very good feedback. Thanks be to God. :)


Ingredients
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup (240 ml) plain yogurt (I used my homemake yoghurt)
1/3 cup (80 ml) melted butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups (260 grams) self-raising flour
1/2 cup (100 grams) caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 - 1 1/2 cups (240-360 ml) fresh or frozen blueberries

Method for Homemade Yoghurt/Yogurt

Method:
Blueberry Muffins: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Position rack in center of oven. Butter or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.

In a large bowl whisk together the lightly beaten egg, yogurt, melted butter and vanilla extract.

In another large bowl whisk the flour with the sugar, baking soda, and salt. Gently stir in the blueberries. With a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined and moistened. (The batter will be thick.)

Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin just comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.

Makes 12 muffins.

You may like to try these muffins recipes too :
1. Double Chocolate Chips Muffins
2. Blueberry and Bananas Muffins
3. Orange Muffins


No comments:

Post a Comment