Learn this chicken rice recipe from my mum-in-law. Easy to cook and chicken meat I
is tender and rice is very fragrance. Mum-in-law cook very well and this dish is our family favourite. Chicken can be prepared and seasoned in the morning and cook it in the late afternoon.
Ingredients for chicken:
1 large chicken( about 1.4 to 1.6kg)
1 thumb size old ginger - cut into 2
2 cloves of garlic removed skin
1 stalk spring onion
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Ingredients for rice:
2 cups of white rice
2 cups of chicken stock*
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp chicken stock powder
2 thumb size old ginger slice into 3
6 cloves garlic removed skin
2 stalks spring onion
5 pandan leaves
Method for chicken:
1. Use a 38cm wok with lid, put 3/4 wok of water. Bring water to boil with lid on.
2. Wash and clean chicken. Remember to remove all the internal and rinse it clean. Remove head and neck and legs with knife.
3. Mix salt and pepper together and apply onto the whole chicken including the stomach area. Put the garlic, ginger and spring onion into the internal of chicken. Cover chicken with cling wrap and set it aside in the chiller and let the chicken seasoned for at least 30min.
4. When water in the wok is boiled, put the whole chicken into boiling water. Chicken breast facing downward. Cover the lid. Let it boil for 30min on high fire.
5. When 30 is due. Off fire. Do not open lid. Let the chicken sit in the wok with lid on for another 10min. Then open lid and remove chicken into a plate. Keep the chicken stock for the chicken rice*
6. Chop the chicken into small pieces abd serve with spring onion sprinkle on top
Method for chicken rice.
1. Wash rice. Pour way the water.
2. Add 2 cups of above chicken stock frim boiling the chicken into rice.
3. Add in all the rest of ingredients for rice.
4. Put it into rice cooker and set to cook like cooking plain rice.
5 Once it is down. Serve rice with chicken meat and cucumber and chilli. Enjoy