Sunday 13 December 2015

Wholemeal & Rolled Oats Bread (Modified Process)




This loaf was done on last Saturday,  2 days ago.
It is adapted from my another wholemeal-rolled-oat-bread recipe. It remains very soft even after 2 days. The slice of bread is so soft that it could bend left and right.

As I was busy on that day and needed also to bake a loaf of bread for sunday's breakfast. So, decided to take a risk to make some slight process changes.

When I reached home at 10pm on Saturday night, I was amazed by the tall bread waiting for me in the Bread Maker with 10 mins more to go.

Yes, this bread has a very soft and fluffy and medium chewy texture. The texture that I like.

What i did was:
I did not leave the yudane at room temperature before I put it into the baking tin. That is, I took it out from fridge and put it straight into BM.

I did not use soft room temperature butter. Instead I used cold hard butter. I put it in between the liquid and flour.

The reason I did this was because in the delay timer, the cold hard butter and cold yudane that were straight from refrigerator will be 'warm up' to room temperature as it sit there in the tin for extra 2hrs plus before the BM start to work.

So, this will also ease my mind for fresh milk to be left in room temperature for so long.

In other word, instead of letting the yudane stay at room temperature for at least 40mins before putting into baking tin, I put it into the tin but not starting baking cycle. Similarly, I used cold hard butter to keep the fresh milk cold. The delay time will give time for butter to soften eventually. This is my humble change in process.


Ingredients:

150g Cold fresh milk
30g  Cold butter(I used salted)
3/4 Tsp salt
1 3/4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp milk powder
150g Bread flour
50g Wholemeal flour
20g Rolled Oats
1 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
1 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds

1 Tsp Instant yeast

Yudane:
60g bread flour
60g 100°C boiling hot water
Combine flour and boiling water to form a dough. Keep in refrigerator overnight. For more details on yudane, please refer to these yudane-method

Sweet bread mode 1 light crust  750g. 2.40hr

Method:
1.In the BM baking tin, add cold milk, salt, sugar, cold yudane, milk powder, cold hard butter, rolled oats and flour in sequence. Make an indentation on the flour and add in the instant yeast. Then cover the yeast with some of the flour. Add sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.

2. Set "Sweet Bread". Set delay time 5hours 30mins.*** Set "Light" crust, weight 750g. My bread maker take 2hrs 40min.

3. When the bread is ready, there will be a continuous beep sound. Remove tin immediately and shake out the loaf onto a rack and leave to cool. Appro. 1-2 hour. Slice it and serve.

***I set 5 hours and 30mins as I went out to run errands. This recipe is good if you are running errands or can't be at home to put the ingredients as usual process.

You may like to view my other posts :
1. soft-bread-with-rolled-oats
2. pumpkin-bread
3. wholemeal-cranberry-and-walnuts-bread
4. wholemeal-hokkaido-milk-loaf











No comments:

Post a Comment