What do you do if you have alots of apples?
Decided to clear all my apples in my fridge. I turned those apples into invisible cake! Haha..
The aroma of baking this invisible cake is so good till I look forward to the cake. This is the first time making this cake. Happened to come across the recipe in one of the social media and find it interesting. View through several recipes and I adopted chopstickchronicles and Emojoie Cuisine. However, I did some modification.
3 apples - removed skin & core and thinly sliced
30g white caster sugar
20g light brown sugar
25-30gg melted salted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
A pinch of salt(optional)
100mil fresh milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
80g plain flour
A handful of sliced almond (optional)
1. Pre heat oven at 175°C
2. In a large bowl, beat 2 eggs with sugar until sugar and egg incorporated.
3. Add melted butter and stir well. Add milk, vanilla and salt, stir them to combine.
4. Sift flour and cinnamon powder together into the egg mixture and continue to stir to combine.
5. Remove apples skin and core, then slice them thinly and add into the egg flour mixture. Stir them gently with a rubber spatula until every pieces of apple is coated with egg flour mixture.
6. Pour all the mixture into a 18x8x8 baking pan pre laid with parchment paper. Sprinkle some sliced almond. Bake in preheated oven 175°C for 50min to an hour. Until the center is firmed and surface is golden brown.
7. Let it cool a little in wire rack and serve while it is warm. You may dust some icing sugar if desire. Or after the cake is completely cooled, leave it in the fridge for 3-4hours and serve it cold dust with icing sugar.
Post a Comment