Sunday, 29 November 2015
Pumpkin Bread/Sunny Bread (金瓜面包)
Thank you Lord. Thank God for encouragement .
I didn't expect to receive such a beautiful golden bread when I reached home yesterday night. The colour reminds me of sun...glory, because of its beautiful sunny bright yellow colour. All natural colour ..it is the mixture of pumpkin and flour resulting this beautiful yellow.
Baking is a way of "therapy" at time when I am feeling emotional. Thank God for this gift of passion to cook and bake.
Thank God for His presence all the time. He is a Father who always watch over His children and always love! For God is love. God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perished but have eternal life. (John 3:16) Thank God that in Him there is hope!
Spent the whole sunday afternoon searching for recipes to bake this bread. Finally with some recipes which I have found and asking bloggers for more details and info, I did this wonderful chewy(QQ) soft and nice bread.
When I saw the bread, it just make me happy and laugh. As it looks so cute and round. Initially I thought I had ruin the bread. But no... in fact it was a good bread in my standard. This is the kind of bread that I like to eat. Chewy!
Family loves this bread. We finished the whole loaf this morning. Daughter on first bite "mmM.. nice! What is this bread? Nice!" "The colour very appealing!"
Yes, I like the texture of this bread just like her.
I shall named this SUNNY bread!
Updates on 11/Dec/2015:
Daughter loves this sunny bread and requested for it. I baked this loaf again on Wed(9/Dec) with added sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds for a difference taste. It was for the next day's breakfast. There were 2 slices left until this morning. The bread after 2days still remain soft and nice. :)
90g Cooked pumpkin (room temperature)
80g Cold fresh milk
30g Homemade yoghurt (room temperature)
30g Soft butter(room temperature)
3/4 Tsp salt
2 1/4 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp milk powder
250g Bread flour
30g Wholemeal flour
1 Tsp Instant yeast
Soft bread mode 1 light crust 750g. 2.55hr
1. Cut pumpkin into small pieces 3x2x1cm..or any sizes (purpose is to enable pumpkin to cook and soften faster). Put water enough to cover the pumpkin and cook them over stove. When pumpkin is soft appro 5min. Depend on the type of pumpkin and the size. Off fire. Remove the pumpkin from water. Use a fork to smash pumpkin while it is hot. Set aside to cool.
2. In the BM baking tin, add milk, yoghurt, pumpkin(1), salt, sugar, milk powder, butter and flour in sequence. Make an indentation on the flour and add in the instant yeast. Then cover the yeast with some of the flour.
3. Set "Soft Bread", "Light" crust, weight 750g. My bread maker take 2hrs 55min. However, yesterday, I set delay timer 3hr 30min.
4. When the bread is ready, there will be a continuous beep sound. Remove tin and shake out the loaf onto a rack and leave to cool. Appro. 1-2 hour. Slice it and serve.
Note : If you are using oven. Then after putting all ingredients into BM and set to dough. Or mix it in a mixer to form a dough. Refer to my buns recipe for handknead/mixer knead dough and baking
You may be interested in
3) wholemeal-bread-using-yudane-method very soft and fluffy bread
4) wholemeal-rolled-oat-bread (yudan method)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment